Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Love to LAUGH!

After my post last night I still had chores to do...Laundry. :( To my surprise, I had a lovely night watching "Just Go With It" all by myself while everyone slept. I switched and sorted the loads of laundry and laughed out loud all by myself. It was just what the attitude Dr. ordered! One might think, "Oh. How sad. She was all by herself." To be honest, I LOVED having some alone downtime! I love my family, but sometimes, it's nice to just be alone for while. It was hard for me to get to sleep after that because 1) I really wanted to go to Hawaii and had to check out flights and 2) The movie made me laugh so much more than I had anticipated that my body thought it was time to hang out or play games. I LOVE to LAUGH!! It's one of my MOST favorite things to do! Sometimes as a grown-up/parent I find that I haven't laughed as much as I need to in the day. I hear my children laughing all of the time and that makes me smile. But filling my responsibility driven heart with laughter/lightness to help it function better is something that has been lacking, for a bit, until I watched that movie.

This morning I was able to take my girls to the pools. WOW...what a difference it made in my day! To be able to relax in the sun was wonderful!! And the added bonus of feeling so light and free in the water made me feel even better. As an adult I don't really notice when my grinchy little heart is shrinking. It isn't until I let go and have the sunlight fill my heart that I realize how my daily responsibilities have been affecting my heart and its ability to grow. (I hope that makes sense.) The sunlight literally helped my little heart feel lighter, bigger (like more expandable), and more relaxed, than it had felt in a very long time. With that being said, I noticed a huge increase in my energy levels yesterday. As well as a big spike in my chill/positivity levels.

Laughter, sunLight, and reLaxing are key for making a happier me!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment