Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Beautiful Day!!

I have blogged everyday this month...so I am going to try to keep it up! Since this is my not-so-seccret-journal, I find it very nice to have a place to put my thoughts on different subjects in my life. It really helps out those I chat with daily, because they do not have to hear the same thoughts/stories, over and over again, because I have gotten them out of my system through blogging. Yes, I am one of those people who repeats themselves when they have something weighing on their mind! :)

Today was SUCH a GORGEOUS day!! Me and my girls slept in until 11:30am. I made breakfast for lunch. We putted around and did our chores. Brushing the dog was a group effort chore! Since we woke up so late our day was really short. The weather was just wonderfully cool...I felt so much love from the heavens for such a perfect weather day! To top the day off my sister, Eileen, and her family stopped by for a visit, which ended the lovely day perfectly!!

I am so excited for the upcoming months! I realized while I was putting my Cosmetology resume together that the photos I had to put in my Portfolio were just not up to snuff. I needed new and more professional photos that I would feel proud of showing to a potential client, or employer. Knowing that I need to do photoshoots with a photographer that I don't really know, was causing a bit of a stress for me. Well, my Sister totally MADE MY DAY! She came over to show me her awesome camera. Imagine my excitement and relief!! She has a wonderful talent for taking photos as well as editing them! I now have an amazing photographer and photo editor to work with! I AM ECSTATIC!!!! MY PORTFOLIO IS GOING TO BE UNREAL!! ;) But, very real at the same time.

My goal is to be known in the industry for enhancing the natural beauty of the hair and faces we each individually gifted. To give clients amazing haircuts so they only have to use as little to no product possible for lovely everyday looks that work with their hairs natural texture and wave pattern. The industry of beauty is slowly starting to celebrate the different kinds of beauty out there (the Dove Soap Campaign), and I want to help boost mentality even more! Make-up is fun, but it's not what makes us beautiful.

I love this quote from Angelina Jolie (IMDb), "[on the superficiality of the industry] We are setting an example of what we think is beautiful and you really want to put that much make up on me?"

Maybe because it's summer and I have a bit more color, but I have been LOVING wearing little to NO make-up on a daily basis. I have come to appreciate the different features I have been given that make up the one of kind face that I have. Besides real beauty, as I have learned, is never displayed from one's outside appearance, it emanates from the eyes of those who know and understand what the true meaning of beauty is.

beau·ty

[byoo-tee] Show IPA
–noun, plural -ties.
1.
the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.), a meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest). *Dictionary.com*

"Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart." ~Kahlil Gibran

On that note, I am going to go and get some Beauty Sleep!;)

No comments:

Post a Comment