Monday, November 14, 2011

"...you've got to go through it, to get to the end of it." -Greasy Sae

YES...that quote above was taken from CATCHING FIRE by Suzanne Collins. The second book of her Trilogy the HUNGER GAMES. It's a really entertaining read. Although, the last book was really for a mature audience more so than the first 2 because of the war violence.


While reading this quote by a character in the book called Greasy Sae I was moved by the simplicity and undeniable truth behind such a powerful little tidbit from this book. So many times people just want to find a shortcut, dodge, ignore, avoid certain lessons life brings us so that we can spare ourselves the growing pains these challenges give us. In all reality when we try to dodge the bullet all we are really doing is tricking ourselves into thinking that we are at the end when in fact we are still smack dab right in the middle of it! Then, how does one know when one is at the end of a certain trial or hardship in life? Everyone has their own very personal way of knowing. As for me, I know that I am at the end when I no longer have bad/negative thoughts about that particular life lesson anymore. When I feel my inner peace, glowing bright, strong, steady, blessing me with feelings of safety and calm, again, that's when I know I have made it through to the end. Now, that I know that I can return to that peace, I look at old challenges in my life and see them from a different perspective than I have ever seen them before. This new perspective really helps me through some really mucky moments in life. For this comfort and knowledge, I am extremely grateful.

I am also very happy and thankful for books that are so good that they become MOVIES!! YAY!!!

I am really excited for the movie! It's going to be so fun to see how they translate the books to the BIG screen!!:) It's definitely a book that you can't put down until the very end. If you haven't read it make sure someone's watching your kids for you as you get lost in the world of Panem.

Enjoy the video...


May the odds be ever in your favor...

No comments:

Post a Comment