Here's the site of the recipe I used...
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 3 bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnut pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, salt and baking soda.
3. In a blender, puree the 3 bananas
4. In a large bowl mix the eggs, honey, bananas, coconut oil and vanilla until well blended. Mix dry ingredients into the wet, blending with a hand mixer or by hand. Gently fold in walnut pieces.
5. Place batter in non-stick muffin tins OR oil small individual glass bowls and pour batter in about 1/2 – 3/4 full.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes. I used the smaller muffins trays, so if you are using the standard muffin size you will definitely need to bake them for a longer period of time.
Thanks to Liz for the recipe.
Here are the Dry Ingredients I used...
And here are the Wet Ingredients I used...
Here's what they looked like before I baked them...
The Final RESULT!!
THESE were DELICIOUS!! They were definitely a hit with the kids and husband!! I added chocolate chips, I know, not so Paleo. My kids and husband insist that I use them. I have to say I liked the regular Banana Nut Muffin, but I LOVED the ones with the chocolate chips! My kid said that it didn't taste any different than the wheat ones I used to make before. YAY!! This recipe delivered a WONDERFUL result!! It's a definite keeper!
I was SOOO happy that everyone loved it! Especially, after last nights disappointment. Now, my old bananas can be used once again in an old family treat!! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe, Liz from Crossfit!!